Our policy and research projects have included Federal and State industry mapping, the development and review of funding programs, and data gathering to inform new policy initiatives. We work to ensure that our analysis is focused on the practical use of the results – to inform policy, to assist with decision-making, or to enhance industry knowledge.
We have led the development of numerous cultural plans and cultural facilities plans, and drafted public art plans and other sector-specific frameworks and guidelines. Sensitivity to local cultural contexts is central to our approach.
Some of our recent projects include:
- Review of Multi-Year Investment Programmes for Creative New Zealand
- Industry leadership: Funding and financing the arts and cultural sector
- Creative Victoria Music Works
- Arts and Cultural Policy for the Northern Territory
- Funding mechanism research, Hong Kong Government
- Strategy development, program evaluation and funding review, Australia Council for the Arts
- Feasibility study for a Foundation for the Artist
- Extensive cultural facilities audits, Arts Queensland, Arts New South Wales and Arts Victoria
- Cultural policy and planning, Torres Strait Regional Authority
- Cultural Infrastructure Framework, Gold Coast City Council