The QuickstART Fund was created by Positive Solutions and Brian Tucker Accounting. It has supported over 40 individual artists and cultural enterprises over the last few years with over $90,000 of interest free microloans.
Successful applicants have included sole traders (visual artists, designers, musicians, artistic directors) and small cultural enterprises (a publisher, bands, theatre and dance companies). Applicants have made approaches for a loan from the Fund for the following reasons:
- The need for immediate access to finance due to a new opportunity, e.g an invitation for a residency at short notice
- Projects being ineligible for grant support
- The need for support over and above a grant that may have been received for a project
- A desire to try some other form of funding other than government grants
- The difficulty artists have of securing and repaying a loan from a main stream financial institution
QuickstART is now being managed by Foresters Community Finance (through Fair Finance Australia). Please click here for futher information.