Sunshine Coast Council is calling for Expressions of Interest from experienced, professional leaders to fill four vacancies, including Chair, on the Sunshine Coast Arts Advisory Board to help drive arts and culture in the region.
The inaugural Board was established in 2016 with Board members in the five non-identified positions having two year terms (with the option to continue for a second term).
Due to retirement (end of term) of two of the Board’s inaugural members, including the Chair, at the end of 2020, the resignation of one Board member and an ongoing vacancy, there are currently four positions vacant including:
The face of the Board and committed to understanding the arts and creative sector and representing the Board, its objectives and its recommendations with knowledge and in a professional and independent manner as a strategic advisor to Council.
The Board members must be committed to understanding the arts and creative sector and proactively contribute to achieving its objectives in a professional and independent manner.
The identified industry representative provides the Board with links to and advice on Aboriginal identity, cultural knowledge and connection as it relates to the arts and creative sector broadly and more specifically, First Nations artists of the Sunshine Coast.
To be successful in the role you:
- Must be committed to understanding the arts and creative sector and be ready to add value through your skills and knowledge to achieve the Board’s objectives and its recommendations in a professional and independent manner as a strategic advisor to Council
- Must have well-developed team skills to ensure open, collaborative, confident and constructive communications and discussions with a board populated by highly experienced and professional members from diverse arts and cultural backgrounds
- Must have the confidence and connections to form and strengthen business and government networks and relationships to advocate for the arts and creative sector on the Sunshine Coast.
The Board meets formally up to five (5) times a year including a one day strategic planning workshop.
Board members are remunerated for their services in line with sitting fee rates for non-government members of Queensland Boards.
Horizon Festival 2018, Patterns in the Landscape, Manning Daly Art. Photo: Ben Vos Productions
- Position description: Chair
- Position description: Member – Strategic business representatives (skills based)
- Position description: Member – Industry representative (identifying as an Aboriginal or a Torres Strait Islander)
- Sunshine Coast Arts Advisory Board Charter
- Sunshine Coast Arts Advisory Board Annual Report 18/19
- Sunshine Coast Arts Plan 2018 – 2038
Applications close on the 29th October 2020, and interviews will be held on 10th – 11th November.
For any enquires, please contact Joanna Maunder:
M: 0403 301 832
P: 07 3891 3872